Photo by: Topher Delancy
This year seemed to fly by. I think I pretty much blinked and the years over. And now it’s 2016! What?! I can remember graduating high school and feeling like that was only a few years ago… ok fine, but really its been 10! And now with Harper around time seems to be moving at the speed of light (for the most part). Some of the days are long and tedious but watching her grow up and progress so fast makes the months just pass by. I love sitting with Wyatt at the end of the year and talking about the highs and lows of the year and trying to map out where we’d like to go in the year to come. So that’s what we did last night after Harper went to bed! And the funny thing is, we didn’t think this year was that crazy off the top of our heads but looking back and adding it all up really blew our minds.
- March- Harper turned ONE!
- June- Talk about a total game changer and a whole new perspective on being happy and healthy at the Soulstice Retreat in Park City, UT. I talk about it here and here if you want to know more about it.
- July- I took a big leap (and had some major nerves) and my blog went live, that nostalgia feeling hit super hard on our vacation back to Ohio and we found out that I was pregnant with baby #2!
- August- Wyatt finished his Master’s degree from ASU (yay!) and we moved!
- November- We found out that Harper’s getting a little SISTER.
Goals & Highlights of the year to come 2016
- Harper turns TWO in March (even though the terrible two’s are already hitting hard over here)
- Baby girl #2 is due to arrive in April
- We want to make time as a family more of a priority, super hard when we only have 1 day a week off together. But I really feel like this also means being more present and here (mentally) when we are together.
- Take more trips and vacations, even if it’s just a day trip to get out of our everyday routines. We’ll have to get creative when we have another newborn around!
- I want to be more open and quicker to get help in getting back in shape post baby. The same goes for not ignoring my feelings (good or bad) after the babies born, those first couple of months were so rough with Harper and I really just held in for a long time.
- I have several blogging goals such as being more consistent, less critical of myself and specific number goals that I’d like to make. I think it’s a good idea just to have a clue where you’d like to head.
What are some of your goals and highlights of the year to come? I’d love to hear them!